Chapter 1 Application of Terms and Conditions
ARTICLE 1. Purpose
• ' SALTED Service' refers to the Services that uses the “SALTED” brand provided by the Company (e.g., SALTED Golf).
ARTICLE 2. Contents, Effect and Changes of the Terms and Conditions
- 1. The contents of these terms and conditions are posted in individual Services provided by the Company or on the front page of Services or are notified in other methods. The Terms and Conditions shall have effect on both Users and members who have agreed to them (hereinafter referred to as “Users”).
- 2. The Company may change these terms and conditions to the extent that they do not violate relevant laws and regulations. In case that terms and conditions are changed, the Company shall notify the User of the change in the notice on the website from 7 days prior to the effective date. If the changes inevitably affect Users adversely, the Company shall notify or inform reasonably, such as posting on the website with a grace period of 30 days in advance or sending an e-mail to the e-mail address registered by the User, or a text message to the mobile phone number.
- 3. Users are deemed to agree to the revised Terms and Conditions unless there is no indication of the User's intention after the Company clearly notifies or informs in accordance with the preceding paragraph that Users are deemed to be agreeing to any changes made if they do not give refusal from the date of notification to the date of enforcement of the revised terms and conditions. If the User does not agree to the revised terms and conditions, the User may terminate the use of that Service in accordance with Paragraph 1, Article 13.
ARTICLE 3. Additional Terms and Conditions
Any matters not specified in these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the relevant laws or the individual terms and conditions of Service, operation policies and rules set by the Company (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Detailed Guidelines’). In addition, if there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the Detailed Guidelines, the Detailed Guidelines shall be followed.
Chapter 2 members
ARTICLE 4. Membership Registration
- 1. SALTED account refers to a login account that a User needs to use the SALTED Service. A SATLED account is created as a procedure in which the User agrees to the terms and conditions and enters the necessary specific information to create a SALTED account, and the Company verifies the entered specific information and then approves the joining.
- 2. Social login ID refers to another Service (Naver, SALTED, Apple, Facebook, Google) account that the User has previously signed up to identify himself in the SALTED Service, it is created as a procedure in which a User agrees to the individual terms of Service or these terms and conditions, enters the necessary information required for membership registration, applies for use, and the Company approves.
- 3. Users do not necessarily need a SALTED Account to use SALTED Services, but you may need a social login account for certain SALTED Services. Users may only use individual Services with a social login ID that has agreed to the individual Service terms.
ARTICLE 5. Rejecting or Withholding Approval of Creating SALTED Account or Social Login ID
- 1. The Company may not approve the User’s creation of SALTED Account and/or Social login ID in the following cases. In particular, if the User is under the age of 14, the User can create a SALTED account ID only if the User have consent from a legal representative such as parents.
- • In case that the Company has deleted the User's SALTED account or social login ID in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- • In case of an illegal use of other's name.
- • In case that a User do not enter required information or enter false information in the process of signing up for membership.
- • In case of violation of any applicable law or regulation, or additional terms and conditions or standards set by the Company, such as Detailed Guidelines.
- 2. If it is found that the User has created a SALTED account and/or social login ID in violation of the above conditions, the Company may make appropriate restrictions, such as immediately stop providing Services to the User or deleting the SALTED account and social login ID.
- 3. The Company may withhold creating the User's SALTED account and/or social login ID in the following cases.
- • In case that there is no practical space in the installed capacity to provide Services
- • In case if it is judged that there is a technical issue to provide the Service.
- • Other cases where the Company deems it financially and technically necessary.
Article 6. Management of SALTED Accounts or Social Login IDs, etc.
- 1. The SALTED account and social login ID can only be used by the User, and it cannot be allowed to use the User’s SALTED account and social login ID by others. Users should manage their password by themselves so that others may not have unauthorized access to Users’ SALTED account and social login ID. The Company may require the User to enter a password to prevent unauthorized use of your SALTED account and/or social login ID by others. If unauthorized access is found, please notify us through the Customer Center, then the Company shall provide instructions to prevent unauthorized access to the User.
- 2. Users can view and change User information through the Settings menu in Services. However, some information such as SALTED account, social login ID, phone number, unique device identifiers and other User identification information necessary for the provision and management of the Service may not be able to be modified. And in case any modification is made, an additional User identification process may be required. If there is a change in the content provided by the User when applying for Service usage, it is possible to modify the information directly on the Service or contact us via email or Customer Center.
- 3. The Company is not responsible for any losses caused by Users not updating the information in the Service.
CHAPTER 3. Use of Service
ARTICLE 7. Providing and Changing Various Services, etc.
- 1. The Company provides various Services that Users can enjoy on the Internet and mobile, such as a social networking Service, bulletin board, online content Service, and location-based Services. Users may download and install the Service from an application store on a mobile device (e.g., smartphone, tablet PC, etc.), install it directly on a PC, or visit the website to use the Service.
- 2. The Company provides Users with a personal, worldwide, non-assignable, non-exclusive and royalty-free license of the software necessary for the User to fully use the Service. However, this does not grant Users the right to use our trademark and logo.
- 3. The Company may provide an updated version of the software needed to use Services for better Service. Updating software includes addition of important features or removing unnecessary features.
- 4. For better Service, the Company may display various information, including various notices, administrative messages, and advertisements and other information related to the use of the Service to the User on the Service or send it directly to the User's e-mail account.
- 5. If you encounter problems such as system errors while using Services, please contact the SALTED Customer Center at any time.
- 6. Please note that in the process of using the Service, if the User does not use the Wi-Fi wireless Internet but connects to the wireless Internet of the mobile operator which the User have joined, an additional data fee may be charged to the User from the mobile operator. Data charges incurred in the process of using the Service must be paid by the User to the mobile operator at the User's expense and responsibility. Please contact your mobile operator for further inquiries regarding data plans.
ARTICLE 8. How to Use Services and precautions
- 1. Users can freely use our Services, but they cannot use the Service in the following ways.
- • Users are not allowed to impede the Service provision incorrectly or access the Service using a method other than the method guided by the Company.
- • Users shall be prohibited from unauthorized collecting, using, or providing information of other Service Users to others; transmitting commercial information or using the Service for commercial purposes against the recipient's explicit intention to refuse or without the recipient's explicit consent; sending or posting information that violates public order and morals and laws, such as obscene information, copyright infringement, information posting false facts about the Company or a third party, etc.
- • Do not copy, modify, distribute, sell, transfer, lend, or provide collateral or allow any third party to use the Service or part of the software included therein without the consent of the Company. Also, copying, disassembling, imitating, or other modification of the Service, such as reverse engineering software or attempting to extract source code are prohibited.
- 2. The User cannot transfer or donate the right to use the Service or other status under the contract to another person and cannot provide it as collateral.
- 3. If the User does not comply with the relevant laws and all terms and conditions or policies of the Company, the Company may investigate violation acts, and the postings may be deleted or temporarily deleted, the User's use of the Service may be temporarily or permanently suspended, or re-joining may be restricted.
- 4. The Company may destroy or store separately information of the User after notification by other valid means, such as sending an e-mail or text message to the e-mail address registered by the User, or to the mobile phone number, if there is no record of logging in or accessing the Service by the User for the period stipulated by the law. This may result in the termination of the contract to use our Service if there is not enough essential information for using the Service.
Article 9. Management of Postings
- 1. If the User's postings contain any violation of the relevant Act, such as the Act on the Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection (hereinafter "the Act on Information and Communications Network") and the Copyright Act, the legitimate holder of the right may request the Company to suspend and delete the postings in accordance with the procedure set by the relevant law, and the Company shall take action in accordance with the relevant law.
- 2. Even without any request from the legitimate holder of the right, the Company may take temporary measures for the postings in accordance with the relevant laws if there exists anything that may be deemed to constitute infringement of the right or if it violates the Company’s policies and related laws.
- 3. The detailed procedures related to the above follow the ‘Reporting Infringement of Rights’ procedure specified by the Company within the extent set forth by the Act on Information and Communications Network and the Copyright Act.
ARTICLE 10. Proprietary Rights and Use of Copyrighted Materials
- 1. Users can post content (hereinafter referred to as “posts”) such as photos, articles, information, (videos), SALTED Services, opinions or suggestions for individual Services or the Company, and intellectual property rights including copyrights for these posts belongs to the right holder.
- 2. When a User uploads a post on the SALTED Service or an individual Service, the User is deemed to grant the Company a worldwide and permanent license that allows it to be exposed to both SALTED Service and individual Service and used in such a way as to use, store, modify, replicate, distribute, etc. to the extent necessary. The License continues to survive even if the User stop using the Service or withdraw from the SALTED account and/or social login ID. Some Services may provide methods to access or delete content provided by Users (however, depending on the Service or content properties, it may be unable to delete posts).
- 3. Users must have the necessary rights to grant us the license for the content provided to the Company. The person who uploads the posts is responsible for any issues arising out of not having these rights. In addition, Users may not disclose or post content that is obscene, violent, or violates other public order and morals.
- 4. The Company may remove or refuse to post the content of the User if it is deemed to be in violation of the law, to be harmful to the minors, to encourage discrimination or conflicts, bombarding, advertisement, marketing and spam messages, intends to transfer or sell accounts, to post impersonating others. However, the Company is not obligated to monitor all content. If you believe someone has violated your rights, you can get help with the request to suspend the posting through the Customer Center.
- 5. Our Services may display some content that the Company does not own. For such content, the entity providing the content is solely responsible for all responsibility. Using our Services does not give the User any rights on the content of other Users. Users must obtain permission from the content owner separately to use other Users' content.
ARTICLE 11. Using Paid Services
- 1. Our Company provides Services free of charge, but some Services can be charged.
- 2. In principle, if a User uses the paid Service provided by the Company, the User may use them after paying the usage fee unless there is a separate mutual contract. The payment method of the usage fee for the paid Service provided by the Company includes online non-bankbook deposit, virtual account deposit, real-time account transfer prepaid card, debit card, credit card payment issued in Korea and abroad, the payment mileage through the electronic payment methods such as PayPal, etc., and there may be differences in payment method for each paid Service. For Services where the monthly payment is made, payments shall be automatically charged for Services billed every month unless the User stops using the Service and requests cancellation of the periodic payment.
- 3. The Company may request the additional personal information of the User, which is necessary to proceed with the payment, the User should provide the accurate personal information required by the Company.
- 4. If a User wants to get a refund of the usage fee due to reasons attributable to himself/herself, the general method is as follows.
- • If the paid Service provided by the Company is a Service that lasts for less than one month (payment basis) after payment, the remaining amount shall be refunded after deducting the amount that corresponds to the number of days use from the date of termination. These provisions of this section also apply to Services on a monthly plan.
- • If the paid Service provided by the Company is a Service that lasts for more than one month (payment basis) after payment, refunds shall be made after deducting the amount equivalent to the number of days of use from the date of termination and 10% of the total remaining days. However, if termination is requested within 7 days from the start date of using the paid Service, refunds shall be made after deducting only the amount equivalent to the number of days used.
- 5. In spite of the above provisions, the full amount paid by the individual User shall be refunded in the following cases.
- • In case that there is no history of using the Service after the User made payment.
- • Service errors or failure to use the Service due to reasons attributable to the Company despite meeting the minimum technical specifications suggested by the Company.
- • The Service purchased by the User has not provided.
- • In case that the Service provided is different from the display or advertisement, or there is a significant difference.
- • If the use of the Service is apparently impossible due to defect of Services provided.
- 6. Users can make complaints about usage fee. However, the Users should send complaints within one month from the date they recognize the occurring of causes and within three months from the date the causes have occurred.
- 7. In the case of an overcharge or a full refund, the Company must refund in the same way as the payment made for the usage fee. If the refund is impossible in the same way or in the case of partial refund due to midterm termination of the Service, the refund shall be made in a way determined by the Company. However, if the refund requires the User's cooperation, the delayed interest shall not be paid for the delay in refund due to reasons attributable to the User. The cost of refunding is borne by the User If the refund is attributable to the User, and If the refund is attributable to the Company, the cost of refunding is borne by the Company.
- 8. If there is a conflict between the provisions of the paid Service in these Terms and Conditions and the contents of the individual paid Service terms and conditions, they are subject to the individual terms and conditions.
ARTICLE 12. Using, Modifying and Terminating Services
- 1. In principle, the Company provides Services 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. However, the provision of Services may be temporarily suspended due to regular or temporary inspection for maintenance and repair of equipment, or other considerable reasons. If Services are unexpectedly suspended, the Company shall restore the Service as soon as possible as it figures out the causes.
- 2. The Service may be changed, or may be terminated due to termination and change of contract with the contracted CP (content provider) to provide the Company's Service, or the commencement of a new Service. The Company shall post notice for changes or termination of Services on the screen of individual Services or in the Notices page. Any changes or termination of the Service that have a significant influence on Users shall be notified individually by e-mail (other electronic means such as a notification within the Service if Users do not have an email) or by sending a text message to a phone number.
ARTICLE 13. Terminating the Use of Service
- 1. If a User does not want to continue using our Service, the User can request for termination of the contract of use at any time by using the menu provided in Services, the Company shall take actions promptly in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations.
- 3. In addition, Users can selectively terminate a part of the various Services, in this case the data in relation to the terminated Services only shall be deleted. SALTED accounts and social login IDs for other Services shall remain.
- 4. The termination of the paid Service contract shall be concluded by the User's request for termination of the Service and the Company's consent, and if there is a refund amount, the refund shall be made. However, if each individual paid Service stipulates a contract termination method and effect that is different from these terms and conditions, it is subject to the provisions of each individual terms and conditions.
- 5. Even if the contract of use has been terminated, the User can apply for the contact of use with the Company again. However, for some Services, time restrictions may apply when signing a contract for use. To learn more about this, please see the Detailed Guidelines.
ARTICLE 14. Protecting Personal Information
ARTICLE 15. Offering Location-based Services
- 1. The Company may include location-based Services (“LBS”) in its range of Services to provide useful Services that are more beneficial to the User's real life.
- 2. The Company's location-based Service is a free that receives location information from a location information provider, which collects location information of the User's terminal device, and provides. Specifically, as follows.
- • A Service that allows Users to share their current or certain location with other Users or upload relevant posts (Location Sharing Service).
- 3. If a User is under 14 years old and want to use LBS based on the personal location information, the Company shall use or provide the User's personal location information, and in this case, consent from a legal representative such as parents is required. If it is found that the LBS has been used without consent of a legal representative, the Company may impose necessary restrictions such as an immediate suspension for the use of the LBS by the User.
- 4. Users (including legal representatives of Users under the age of 14) can withhold consent to the use of personal location information related to the Service, the purpose of the provision, and the scope of those who receive it and part of the LBS, or can revoke all or part of consent on use and provision, or can request temporary suspension. The Company shall keep personal location information and data confirming the use and provision of personal location information for at least 6 months for six months or longer in accordance with Act on the Protection, Use, etc. of Location Information. If the User revoke all or part of consent, the Company shall destroy the personal location information and data confirming the use and provision of location information without delay.
- 5. Users (including legal representatives of Users under the age of 14) can request access to or notification of the reasons and details when the data confirming the use and provision of location information of Users or the personal location information of Users is provided to a third party in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, and if there is an error, the User can request correction. If the Company provides the personal location information of the User directly to a third party designated by the User, the User shall be immediately notified of the person who receives the personal location information, the date and time of the provision, and the purpose of the provision through the mobile device, etc. that has collected personal location information in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations.
- 6. If the custodian of children under the age of 8 (including incompetent persons and persons with severe mental disorders) provides written consent for the use or provision of the personal location information, the Company shall be deemed to have the consent of the person concerned, and in such cases, the custodian may exercise all rights of the subject of personal location information.
- 7. If the User's rights are infringed in relation to LBS provided by the Company, or the User needs to exercise the rights, you can get assistance from the Customer Center. If it is difficult to settle disputes related to location information between the User and the Company, the User may submit a request for mediation to the Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee in accordance with Paragraph 2, Article 28 of Act on the Protection, Use, etc. of Location Information and Article 43 of Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
CHAPTER 4. Miscellaneous
Article 16. Compensation for damages, etc.
- 1. The Company does not make any contracts or give warranties for any specific matters not specified in these terms and conditions in relation to the Service to the extent permitted by law. In addition, the Company does not guarantee the reliability and accuracy of information, data and facts posted on the Service by method of providing by a CP (Contents Provider) or creating by a member and is not liable for any loss or damage incurred to the User without negligence of the Company.
- 2. The Company shall compensate the User for any loss which has occurred due to the Company's negligence in compliance with these Terms and Conditions and relevant laws. However, the Company shall not be liable for the following loss or damage caused without the Company's negligence. In addition, the Company shall not be liable for indirect, special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages to the extent permitted by law.
- • Damages caused by natural disasters or equivalent force majeure conditions
- • A failure to use the Service due to reasons attributable to the User
- • Personal losses incurred in the process of accessing or using the Service
- • Losses due to illegal access to or use of the Company's server by a third party
- • Damage caused by a third party interfering with the transmission to or from the Company server
- • Losses due to transmitting or distributing malicious programs by a third party
- • Damage incurred in the process of using the Service by a third party, such as damage caused by omission, loss, or destruction of transmitted data, or defamation, etc.
- • Other losses caused by reasons without intention or negligence of the Company
ARTICLE 17. Notices and Announcements
Our Company consider the exchange of opinions with the Users valuable. Users can visit the Customer Center at any time to express their opinions. The Company notifies or informs Users reasonably, such as sending an email to the email address used as a SALTED account or social login ID, sending a text message to the mobile phone number registered by the User, or posting notifications. Notices to all Users shall become effective by posting them on Notice page in Service for more than 7 days.
ARTICLE 18. Dispute Resolution
These terms and conditions or Services are stipulated and implemented by the laws of the Republic of Korea. If there is a dispute between the Company and the User relating to the use of Services, the Company shall consult it in good faith to resolve any disputes. Nevertheless, if unsettled, the case may be taken to the competent court of the Korean Civil Procedure Law.
- • Date of Notice: March 15, 2021
- • Effective date: March 22, 2021
- - Effective from December 12, 2019-March 21, 2021
If you have any inquiries on Services (including location-based Services), please visit or contact our Customer Center.